Sunday, December 5, 2010

(((Blush))) a needed correction

In my previous post I had made a comment about some people I know and the fact that they had NOT won a makeup contest. Well as it turns out, I was mis-informed. They didn't lose the contest, they were DQ'ed. I'm not 100% certain, but it appears they were disqualified because they had used a prosthetic piece in the contest in clear violation of the rules. In their defense I'll say this; if the prosthetis was made up before hand, then yes, they deserved to be DQ'ed. However, if they had built up the so-called prosthetic while in the process of applying the makeup (and these folks are quite adept at just that!), then I believe that they should have won. In any case, I hope theat they come back again this year. They are employed by a new Haunt and their makeup is fabulous! I'd hate to see them pass up this opportunity just because of something like this. I'm hoping they'll let the past be what it is and return to the contest and give everybody a proper ass-kickin!

No comments: